How to engage effectively with men to improve their health
Men are often considered 'hard to reach' when it comes to health. Not any more.
Based on the latest research and best practice, the Men's Health Forum's one day workshop will enable anyone working in men's health to reach more men, interest more men and improve the health of more men.
What is it?
- A one day training workshop delivered by experienced Men's Health Forum associate trainers.
What does it offer?
- The latest insight and information around the issues affecting men’s health and wellbeing and working with men and boys.
Who is the course for?
- Occupation Health and Health Improvement leads, commissioners and providers and anyone who wants to empower men to engage with their health
What are the outcomes?
- Have a better understanding of the issues that both impact and affect the health of men and boys
- Understand how language and attitudes around men and boys may affect their health choices and therefore health outcomes.
- Reflect on how health and social care work aimed at men and boys engages with them [systemic barriers].
- Explore ‘best practice’ and new thinking around Public Health engagement with men and boys.
- Explore the choices, concerns and behaviours that men and boys exhibit around their own health.
- Explore and action plan how to take this learning back to services.
- Identify how the Men’s Health Forum can provide support.
What do participants say about the course?
- "Course facilitation was flawless and greatly delivered. I will go back and recommend this course for volunteers through to practitioners. Highly enjoyable and great to participate in"
- "Really enjoyed the course with clear information which was delivered in a clear open way"
- "It is very good training to take back and use in our daily practice"
- "Excellent very informative. I hope to deliver all that I have learnt today to my health trainers. I hope my manager will be open to changing a few things starting with our leaflets!"
In-house training for your organisation
- All our training can be customised or modified to suit your organisation or workplace. If you would like to find out about having Men's Health Forum training delivered directly to your organisation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7922 7908 or contact us using this form.