All Men's Health Forum manuals are produced to the highest editorial standards.
Many manuals have won or been short-listed for awards. Most recently, three of our titles (The Man Manual; Your Body, Your Health; and Man To Man) were shortlisted in the British Medical Association Patient Information Awards 2016.
All man manuals are:
- Developed and co-created with men (and women) in the target audience through focus groups, questionnaires and sharing of drafts.
- Written by professional health writers who understand how to communicate with non-experts about medical matters in a clear, easy-to-read manner. (Many of the writing team also have direct lived experience of the health issues about which they're writing.)
- Designed to be accessible and appealing to encourage reading from cover to cover.
- Packed with great cartoons as well as excellent photography.
- Peer-reviewed by a group of suitably-qualified health professionals and other experts specially selected for each title and chaired by Dr John Chisholm, the Forum's chair of trustees.
- Fully-referenced (on our website).
The whole process meets or exceeds the requirements of the NHS England Information Standard, the gold standard of health information production in this country.
The Information Standard aims to improve and maintain the production of high quality information that people can trust, make sense of and act on, through organisational and professional development. Look out for the logo below: