Men's Health Training - Southwark - September 29, 2017
How to engage effectively with men to improve their health
Here in Southwark, did you know:
- Men have lower life expectancy and lower healthy life expectancy than women. It’s also lower than other men in London and nationally.
- There’s a 9 year life expectancy gap for men in Southwark across the borough
- 36% of all male deaths in Southwark are considered avoidable by Public Health England compared to 24% of all female deaths.
Even today, one UK man in five dies before his 65th birthday. Men are more likely to smoke, drink dangerously and eat poorly. Two-thirds are overweight or obese. Four in five suicides are male.
It doesn't have to be this way. To improve this, we want to help services – and men – to change.
Men are often considered 'hard to reach' when it comes to health. But they don't have to be.
Based on the latest research and best practice, the Men's Health Forum's one day workshop will enable anyone working with men to reach more men, interest more men and improve the health of more men.
Date & time:
- 10.00 am - 4.30 pm, September 29, 2017
- 32-36 Loman Street, London, SE1 0EH
- FREE for charities operating in north Southwark